Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Addiction...To Glam

I have a full on heavy-duty, may-need-therapy-due-to-separation-anxiety, obsession, crazy-addiction to my AMAZING gold leaf paint. Admitting that there is a problem is the first step to recovery right?

Actually, I don't want to recover from this addiction to glam...
I would say 99% of the time, if I don' t know where to go with a project I will slap some gold leaf paint on it and it takes on a new life.

My brand of choice is Sheffield Bronze Corporation Rich Gold Leaf Finishes


This stuff is amazing- the 2oz little bottle goes a long way and I use a regular paint brush to apply it. Not a furniture paint brush, but like a paint brush for painting on canvas- I'm sure there is a technical name for it but I'm feelin' a little too lazy to figure it out :)

The coverage is really smooth and it really looks like gold leaf, not just cheapy gold paint pretending to look like gold leaf.

I pick mine up at the True Value that is down my street, but I was able to find it on Amazon (don't mind Amazon's old school pic- that's the right stuff). A total value at just under $3.50 a bottle.


XOXO Katie

Just an FYI- as I was looking at the bottle to get info for this post I read that you are supposed to wear a mask while applying it, and not have prolonged exposure to its fumes. And that you should avoid using while pregnant. This is true for ALL gold leaf metallic paint, not just this brand. Good to know...good thing I am not preggos or I might have a 2 headed baby on the way! Looks like I need to invest in a mask :)

Best Blogger Tips Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Just bought a dresser off craigslist tonight! It's awesome looking but I think I want to paint the knobs and I think this paint would be perfect for it!!! Will send you pics and let me know what you think :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete